Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Reels, and Tape

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MisterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello, I am just getting started with super 8 film making. I need to know where I can buy reels, and editing tape cheap. Lord knows we can't have that kind of stuff in a camera store in Baltimore, so I would like to know where you'll get your tape, and reels.

    Thank You!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Film and Video Services in Minneapolis or Yale Film and Video in California. Yalesnumber is 1-800-955-yale. I can't remember Film and Video's number. However they are listed on Mike's site. Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I realise this is only of practical use to people in the UK but here the cheapest source is Simply Cine http://www.simplycine.co.uk

    They sell used reels for about 1/2 the price of new ones, as well as being the cheapest source of new reels and splicing tape I have come across recently.

    There are plenty of suppliers, prices do vary considerably. If you can find somebody selling second hand reels it will reduce the cost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •